Denton Sex Crimes Attorneys
Serving Those Accused in Denton County
In Texas, sex crimes are considered serious offenses. Not only can a conviction affect a person for the rest of their life, but the accusation alone has the potential to ruin their reputation and/or career. Unfortunately, in these types of cases, it's not uncommon for the accuser to tell others of the alleged incident, influencing other people's perceptions of the accused. As a result, the alleged offender may face harassment or threats that can turn into overt acts of violence. Such pressure can make an otherwise innocent person give a false confession to stop the conduct against them.
If you have been charged with a sex crime, you need an attorney on your side, ready to challenge the accusations made against you. Backed by over 20 years of combined experience, our Denton lawyers at Marsala Law Group know what it takes to fight your charge. Owner and Lead Attorney Dominick Marsala has aggressively defended people accused of rape, sexual abuse, indecency with a child, and more. We are well-versed in criminal law and can advise you on how to proceed with your case from beginning to end. Our team provides legal representation with honesty and integrity, and we'll give direct and upfront answers to your questions and concerns.
What Is a Sex Crime?
The term "sex crime" does not cover just one offense. Rather, it encompasses various types of conduct that are sexual in nature. Several statutes of the Texas Penal code concern prohibited behavior that constitutes sex crimes.
At Marsala Law Group, we understand the seriousness of sex crimes charges. That is why, when you turn to us, we will put 100% focus on your case. Our Denton sex crimes attorneys will review every detail of your situation to build a defense tailored for you.
We provide counsel for various types of sex crimes charges, including, but not limited to:
- Aggravated sexual assault: This offense occurs when a person sexually penetrates the anus, sexual organ, or mouth of another without consent and the act causes serious injury to the other individual, or the alleged victim was under 14 years of age or an elderly or disabled person.
- Child molestation: A person may be charged with this offense if they sexually abuse a child under 14 years of age.
- Child pornography: It's unlawful for a person to have or disseminate visual material depicting a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
- Improper student/teacher relationship: If an employee of a public or private primary or secondary school engages in sexual contact or sexual intercourse with a student enrolled in the institution, they may be charged with an offense.
- Indecency with a child: An individual may be accused of this offense if they engage in sexual contact with a child, expose their genitals in the presence of a child, or make a child expose their own genitals.
- Online solicitation of a minor: If a person 17 years age or older sexually communicates with a minor or sends a child sexually explicit material, they may be charged with this crime.
- Sexual assault: This offense occurs when a person has sex with another without that individual's consent.
- Statutory rape: If an adult has sex with a minor 17 years of age or younger, they can be accused of committing statutory rape, even if the child consented.
Depending on the situation, sex crimes charges can be challenged in various ways, such as by:
- Establishing innocence: This may include proving that the defendant was elsewhere when the alleged incident occurred.
- Revealing dishonest motives: Sadly, some sex crimes allegations arise when the alleged victim is attempting to obtain an advantage in another matter, such as a child custody dispute. A lawyer may be able to prove that the alleged victim had ulterior motives for bringing an accusation.
- Showing that evidence was tainted: In some cases, law enforcement officials may ask “loaded questions” that make the alleged victim or offender provide false stories. The way questions were asked must be examined to determine whether or not statements were tainted.
- Getting evidence suppressed: Law enforcement officials must follow proper protocols when collecting evidence. If they fail to do so, the evidence may be considered unlawfully obtained and can be thrown out at court, weakening the state’s case against the defendant.
Defense from a Team that Cares
Many sex crimes are charged as felonies, which means if you're convicted of an offense, you can be facing years in prison and/or thousands of dollars in fines. Additionally, depending on the situation, you may be required to register as a sex offender for life. At Marsala Law Group, our Denton sex crimes attorneys recognize the life-altering consequences of a guilty verdict. That is why we will fight aggressively for you. We care about how the case will affect you, your relationships, and your career, and we will work toward a favorable outcome on your behalf.
To learn more about how we can help challenge the allegations made against you, call us at (940) 386-6848 or submit an online contact form. We provide legal representation in Denton County and the surrounding areas.
A.G. – Denton Misdemeanor Assault Family Violence Not Guilty
State presented seven eye-witnesses to dispute our claim of self-defense.
A.P.G. – Denton Aggravated Sex Assault of Child & 3 Counts of Indecency with a Child Not Guilty - Jury Trial
C.D. – Denton Felony Violation of Protective Order Case Dismissed
Dismissed and we are now suing the arresting agency.
Dr. J.B. – DWI with Multiple Drug Charges Cases Dismissed
All drug cases dismissed as well as a subsequent DWI while the client was on Probation.
Dr. R.C. – Tarrant DWI Not Guilty
E.D.M. Denton Felony Assault with Priors Reduced to Misdemeanor Time-Served
Charge reduced; client served one day in jail.
E.H. – Denton Misdemeanor Assault Family Violence Case Dismissed
H.R. – Denton Felony Aggravated Assault Not Guilty
Not guilty verdict despite 3rd party-eye witness who testified my client went out to his car and grabbed a tire iron and chased after the victim and beat him repeatedly over the head. This is self-defense at it's finest.
J.G. - Denton Felony Drug Charge Case Dismissed
Dismissed due to invalid search.
J.P. – Dallas Felony Indecent Exposure Case Dismissed
Original offer was 5 years in prison. After our investigation prior to trial, we discovered enough inconsistencies to convince the DA to dismiss!
Honest Legal Counsel
We firmly believe honesty is the best policy. Our team will provide you with transparent updates and realistic outcomes.
Personalized Attention & Service
Each case and each client is different. We provide focused representation that is specific to your case and your needs.
Available 24/7 for You
Our lead attorney is personally available to each and every client. We are there for you day or night.
We Care About the Outcome
We truly care about each and every client. We understand this is a vulnerable time in your life and we are committed to being with you every step of the way.